Local Eats 2.

So I had the pleasure a couple weeks ago (yes, I know I've been busy) of getting two great back to back meals at some local eateries that I've wanted to dine at. Being as it was only a couple weeks before the wedding and I was on a meat-free kick, I was pleasantly surprised to find a few things on the menu at both places that would accommodate my eating choices.

Cantina Laradeo (the Gulch): The girls took me here for a tame bachelorette party and we started the night off with some margaritas and fresh, made at the table, guacamole. It's seriously fantastic and not for the faint of heart if you don't like spicy. There were HUGE chunks of jalapeno in the mix and it was so good!  I was sad to see that they only had two vegetarian things on the menu but even more sad that I had to choose between the two because they both looked amazing. Luckily for me, someone else at the table ordered the other and I got a few bites of theirs! Sorry the quality of these pictures isn't so great, I was in a dark restaurant with only my iPhone.

Enchiladas de Avocado -- avocado and artichoke enchiladas 
on a bed of spinach, topped with tomatillo sauce.
Enchiladas de Espinaca -- sauteed spinach, monetary jack cheese
and mushroom enchiladas with sour cream poblano sauce.

Caffe Nonna (Sylvan Park area): I had actually never heard of this restaurant before and was thrilled to try it out after I scanned the menu online. They had several meat free salads to choose from and the option to make your own pasta combinations which is always one of my favorite things to do. And while I could've done one of their veggie pizzas and been on the safe side -- I HAD to try their Lasagna Nonna. And boy was I not disappointed in the least. And if that wasn't yummy and rich enough, we each got one of the four desserts on the menu and passed them around. They had a cinnamon ricotta cheesecake that was out of this world! Again, sorry for the cruddy pictures.

Lasagna Nonna -- layers of butternut squash, spinach, pasta and ricotta
cheese on a bed of sauteed swiss chard and two sauces. 
Top: Cinnamon Ricotta Cheesecake.
Bottom: Homemade Cannolis. 

What are some of your favorite eats around town? I'm always looking for a new spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment